Thursday, March 12, 2015

Taiwan May Trip( Pre-Trip Planning)

Weeehee! Decided to revive my blog and start blogging again. Has travelled to a few countries recently and is ever thankful for those bloggers out there who made my planning process so much easier:)

And, with my upcoming Taiwan Trip, I shall share about my pre, during and post-trip! Everyone dread most when it comes to the planning stage and you have no clue about where to start. Well, there are tons of website out to guide you;))
To plan a trip, first, set aside your available travel dates and you can start searching for the awesome deals for flights out there! This time round with the natas fair sales, I'm thankful to secure my Taiwan flight at only $200+ for to-fro!*HAPPY*

Here are some of the airline apps and website that I rely on when I plan my trips.
1. Skyscanner (http://www.skyscanner.com.sg/)
2. Price Breaker (http://www.pricebreaker.travel/Web/Home/Main)

And not forgetting, different airlines have their own sale day! Look out for them!
1. Scoot (Tuesday 7-9am Morning Glory)
2. Tiger Air (Thursday Flash 24Hrs)
3. Jetstar (Friday Frenzy 11am-6pm)

**Note: To save on your flight cost, you may want to make your payment via AXS machine!
(save up to $50!However for some sales, this mode of payment is not applicable)

Recently, it's been a popular choice to visit Taiwan for a short getaway or even travel for weeks as Taiwan is a place where you can take your time and explore around! This time round, I've been looking around for TaiChung-Taipei itinerary as I only have one week to spare before my internship starts. Here it goes!

For pre-trip planning, after sharing about my flight booking, next step is to have a rough outline of your itinerary before you can move on to book your accommodation!

There's quite a number of interesting blog posts out there and I'm personally super thankful to Entree Kibbles and Escape2Taiwan.com as they offer really interesting insights into Taiwan attractions!

As for accommodation, I'd strongly recommend Airbnb! Simply key in your travel dates and number of people staying over and you'll find your ideal home overseas easily!
For as low as $20/pax/night, there are many pretty minsu similar to the ones above available from the website! 


Once you're done with your accommodation booking, it's time to plan how you can travel around! For Taiwan in particular, if you understand Mandarin, it shouldn't be much of a concern. You can easily get contacts of recommended Taxi driver that poses both as your chauffeur and tour guide! However, if you're one who prefer exploring around and experiencing the local mode of transport, you may want to try their local bus and trains! Booking of trains can easily be made at convenience store over in Taiwan, so don't have to worry on that part:)

However, if you're thinking about travelling from end to end of Taiwan, or even save part of your time on travelling, you may want to consider taking HSR( Highspeed Railway), by booking a month in advance, you'll save quite a sum!

Once you've confirmed your accommodation and flight, it's time to check out more on Taiwan and get some freebies! Taiwan Tourism Board based in Singapore offers different freebies such as vouchers & Taiwan travel easy card, differ from season to season. Click here for more details about getting to the tourism board address and what's the free theme park tickets that may be available!:)

Shall post till here and will update on my planning journey in my next post! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment